Called For This
Series: 1 Peter
Speaker: Joshua Holland
Main Point: Respond to suffering by walking in the footsteps of Christ.
I. Serve God by patiently enduring personal injustice. (v.18-20)
- Many in the early church were servants and slaves.
- Keep your mind on God when suffering unjustly.
- God will bring His solution to those who “endure.” (cf. 1 Cor 10:13; 2 Tim. 3:11)
II. We have Christ who suffered to save us.
- Jesus is the example I am to follow.
- Jesus died as our substitute.
- Jesus is our shepherd, guiding and keeping us.