Tested And Trained To Trust
Series: 1 Peter
Speaker: Joshua Holland
Main Point: God tests and trains us so we will trust him more.
I. Christian’s faith will be tested. (v.12)
- Pain and suffering are normal in a fallen world.
- Bearing the name of Christ will result in more suffering.
II. Christians are rejoicing in the midst of suffering. (v.13-14)
- We grow closer to Jesus.
- We will share in Jesus’ glory.
- We have the Spirit of God resting on us.
III. Persecution is an opportunity for self-examination. (v.15-18)
- Your suffering could be your own fault.
- Jesus is not ashamed of us—don’t be ashamed of Him.
- God uses every event to accomplish his purposes in our life.
- Am I concerned for the lost like God is?
IV. Keep on entrusting yourself to God. (v.19)
- You and your future are kept safe by God (cf 1:3-5).
- Your faith is seen in how you live.