What God Wants
Series: 1 Corinthians
Category: The Church
Speaker: Joshua Holland
Communion is about unity in the body of Christ. (11:17-22)
- The church in Corinth was self-focused and quarrelsome.
- The church is to be a safe place for disagreement and correction.
- Communion expresses love for God and others.
Communion is about Jesus’ life in you. (11:22-26)
- Recollection: I am thankful for what Jesus did for me.
- Proclamation: I am dead to sin and now I live by faith in Jesus.
- Anticipation: I keep focusing on Jesus until he brings me home.
Communion is about humility before God and others. (11:27-34)
- Christians must do honest self-examination.
- A loving father doesn’t disown, but disciplines his kids.
- Hunger for more of Jesus and less of you in you.