Series: Christian Character
Speaker: Bill Knepper
November 5, 2017 Matthew 20:20-28
Main Point: Love for one another seeks to serve rather than suppress.
- People seek significance. (20-23)
- James and John ask for a place of power.
- Many people want to be in charge.
- Many fail to grasp the cost.
- People resent significance. (24)
- The ten disciples react in jealousy.
- People can envy the influence of others.
III. Servanthood is exalted by the Lord Jesus. (25-28)
- Jesus teaches the model of humility.
- Jesus demonstrates the model of humility.
Tags: jesus, love, matthew, servanthood