The Second Coming
Speaker: Bill Knepper
I. Jesus returns just as He promised. (11-13)
A. Called Faithful and True, He comes to bring justice.
B. The names of Jesus reveal His glory and majesty.
- Hidden—only the Godhead knows, eternal Sonship.
- Word—The Word made flesh, the incarnation.
- King of Kings, Lord of Lords—The Ruler of all.
II. He is joined by the armies of Heaven. (14-16)
A. The saints—1 Thess 3:13; Col 3:4; 1 Cor 6:2,3
B. The angels—2 Thess 1:7; Mark 8:38; Matt 25:31
C. His purpose is to establish the rule of righteousness.
I. The cleansing of the earth begins. (17-21)
A. Thousands of years of mercy are ended with swift justice.
B. The kings of the earth are gathered for war.
- They came to fight Israel. Ezek 38:14-23; 39:17-18
- But they end up fighting the Lord.
C. The earth is cleansed from evil.
Tags: eschatology, glory, jesus, jesús, john, revelation, visions