The First Resurrection
Speaker: Bill Knepper
The enemy of God and creation is bound. (1-3)
- A single angel seizes the dragon. (Rev 12:7-9; Jude 9)
- The one who lusted for power eats dust. (Gen 3:14-15)
The Messiah reigns as promised throughout Scripture. (4-6)
- The saints are on thrones with the authority to judge.
- The believers from Adam to Christ are raised.
- The believers from the church age are raised.
- The believing martyrs from the tribulation are raised.
- The “rest of the dead” are unbelievers of all ages.
- The Messiah reigns for 1000 years.
(Jer 23:5-6; Isa 11:1-9; 65:19-20)
- The resurrected reign and the mortal live in peace.
One final rebellion ends the reign of evil. (7-10)
- The enemy of God gains a large following.
- The earth is repopulated.
- The inhabitants are all mortal.
- Every person must make a decision to trust in Christ.
- Like the rest of history, the unbelievers attack believers.
- The enemy of God is judged finally and forever.