The Dragon Is Evicted
Speaker: Bill Knepper
God’s mercy and judgment are perfect. (11:19)
- God’s mercy is in the Savior.
- God’s judgment is in the removal of sin.
God’s mercy provides a Savior. (12:1-6)
- The woman represents Israel and all the elect. (1)
- The child represents the God/man Jesus Christ. (2, 4)
- Jesus was raised and appointed to rule.
Psalm 2:9 (5)
- The remnant are protected during the Great tribulation. (6)
In judgment God ends the enemy of righteousness. (12:3-10)
- The dragon rules through powerful humans. (3)
- The dragon has led a rebellion in heaven. (4)
Isa 14:12-15; Ezek 28:13-17; Job 38:7 “morning stars”
- The dragon is thrown out of heaven, finally! (7-9)
- Michael is a chief prince or primary angel.
Dan 10:12, 13; Jude 9
- The defeat of the dragon is a war of millennia.
Luke 10:18; Rev 20:2, 10
- Heaven rejoices as the cleanup begins. (10)
Tags: eschatology, glory, jesus, john, revelation, visions