Come Up Here
Speaker: Bill Knepper
- The revelation moves from earth to heaven. (v. 1)
- From this point forward the events are future. (1:19)
- Eschatology is the study of future things.
- Three broad terms define how people interpret the text.
- There are three views within Pre-millennial.
- John first sees One sitting on a throne. (v. 2-3)
- The One seated is like jasper and carnelian.
- Jasper is like crystal. (Rev 21:11).
- Carnelian is like ruby.
- These were the 1st and 12th on the breastplate.
- A rainbow of emerald circled the throne.
- The One seated is the Son and the Father.
John 14:9 “The one who has seen Me has seen the Father.”
- The emphasis is on the glory of God.
III. Twenty-four thrones surround the Lord’s throne. (v. 4-5)
- The elders represent the redeemed.
- The crowns are symbols of victory (not royalty).,
Tags: glory, jesus, john, revelation, visions