- Psalm 127 Building a Home with the Lord Bill Knepper
- Passage: Psalm 127
- Date: May 13, 2012
Main Point: Let the Designer of the family help you with yours.
I. Building without the Lord is foolish.
A. Building without a plan leads to chaos.
B. Guarding without power leads to ruin.
II. God is the Designer of the family.
A. He speaks to men.
B. He speaks to women.
C. He speaks to children.
III. Children are a heritage from the Lord.
A. Children are God’s reward.
B. Children are God’s arrows.
Discussion Questions for Psalm 127
1. Read verse 1. Is God really interested in what kind of wood you use or how many outlets you have in the walls? What is the point of the author?
2. Read verse 2. Have you ever known of someone who was wiped out instantly? What is the author saying about our trust? What do we often trust?
3. Why did God use two people to build a home? Discuss the challenges a single parent faces. Books have been written about the difference between men and women. What does God say to men? To women?
4. Read verses 3-5. Would you call children a reward? Why? How are children like arrows? Why do some families resent children? What would you say to a couple struggling to raise children? Consider the future impact they will make in the world.
5. Consider sharing with the group the most important lesson God has taught you about the home. Was it finances? Children? Pride? Work? Etc.